Following our previous post, whereby we have announced the sad closure of our operations of 23 years, we are announcing that as of Friday 16th February, we will no longer be able to collect unwanted, re-usable furniture.
We are incredibly proud of the service we have been able to provide over the past 23 years and being able to support vulnerable local people with your pre-loved furniture has been wonderful, you have been brilliant!
As a reminder of these important dates:
*No more collections as from 12pm Friday 16th February 2018*
Donating your furniture to alternative re-use organisations
- Alternative re-use charities that offer collections within the area can be found at www.frn.org.uk/donate .
- Renewal North West is an alternative charity that collects furniture & white goods for free within Stockport. They can reached on 0161 476 2777.
*Our warehouse will close on 12pm Wednesday 28th February 2018*
Support for Furniture Following Closure
- For clients facing crisis in Stockport, Stockport Local Assistance Scheme will continue their scheme to provide emergency furniture & white goods to those meeting eligibility. You can contact SLAS on 0161 474 2101 or email email@example.com.
- Stockport Homes Furniture Reuse Scheme offer support with pre-loved furniture items, more information can be provided at https://www.stockporthomes.org/furniture-recycling/
- Renewal North West is a local organisation which sells pre-loved furniture & white goods in Stockport and offer discount to those in financial hardship. You can contact RNW on 0161 476 2777.
*Furniture Station Farewell Afternoon*
In recognition of the 23 years of service in Stockport, we will be hosting a farewell afternoon on Wednesday 28th March, from 12.30pm until 2.30pm, inclusive of refreshments here at Hazel Grove Baptist Church to celebrate the wonderful work of The Furniture Station within our very own community. It would be our pleasure to see as many as you there that we have worked alongside in our mission to relieve poverty and speak with those whom lives we have touched upon, to celebrate the achievement of 23 years.
Thank you for everyone’s support over the years, to have allowed us to support our neighbours in hardship to access the most basic of items to ensure they can live a healthier, stable & independent lifestyle. This has meant everything to us.